At Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia/Flagler our goal for care is simple: to provide expert and compassionate end-of-life care to patients and families. We improve the quality of the lives of our patients and their loved ones by reducing the anxiety, pain and burdens that may accompany illness.
Our goals for our patients:
- To establish and meet the goals of care for this experience with patients and their families.
- To work with the family or nursing home staff to provide care to the patient.
- To have an expert level team provide the patient with medical care to relieve pain and other symptoms arising from a life-limiting illness.
- To provide the necessary education and preparation to patients to cope with their illness and address depression, grief and anxiety; as well as spiritual issues, such as loss of meaning and fear of death.
Our goals for caregivers and family members:
- To provide counseling services to help with stress, role changes, depression, anxiety, family conflict, grief, and spiritual concerns.
- To provide respite care when emergencies and short-term needs arise.
- To provide education to help families provide hands-on care, administer medications, coping with stress, and learn about the disease, prognosis, signs and symptoms, and normal grief response.
- To provide practical assistance with legal matters and accessing community services.
- To provide assistance with cremation/burial arrangements and with funeral/memorial services.
- To provide bereavement care following the death of a loved one. This may include memorial services, educational sessions, short-term counseling, grief support groups, and referrals to community resources.