Why Should I Use Hospice Care?
Halifax Health - Hospice provides benefits that may not be possible in the traditional health care setting.
Specialized team approach to care
We have physicians and nurses who work with your personal doctor to ensure physical comfort. We also have social workers and bereavement counselors who offer emotional support for patients and their families. Our spiritual counselors provide support regardless of religious affiliation, and will work with your spiritual leader. We have volunteers to assist patients and families with daily needs as well as nursing assistants to help patients with personal care.
Halifax Health - Hospice provides:
- Physician Directed Care
- Nursing Visits
- On-Call Nursing Visits 24 Hours A Day, Seven Days a Week
- Nursing Assistants
- Counseling by Licensed Social Workers
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Palliative Care
- Trained Volunteer Support
- Patient and Family Education
- Hospice Team Members
- Hospice Medical Director & Hospice Physicians
- Patient's Attending Physician
- Hospital Patient Care Coordinator
- Hospice Chaplain or Clergy